One of the most important things when moving is to manage your time wisely and plan ahead of time. This will help make moving a far smoother process. We suggest
that you start packing and labeling boxes as early as possible and be sure to order your moving labor help in advance.
Keep in mind that we provide same day moving labor services. So if you weren't able to plan ahead of time don't stress, just search for
local Moving Helpers today.
- Prepare inventory of your house
- Plan floor layout in new home for furnishings.
- Keep all moving related expenses in a folder for tax purposes
- Transfer medical and bank information to new offices and institutions.
- Plan garage sale in two weeks to offset moving costs.
- Contact Moving Helpers to schedule services.
- Reserve a moving truck.
- Reserve a storage unit if needed.
- Get a change of address form from your local Post Office or fill one out online.
- Contact utility companies to stop, start and/or transfer services.
- Get moving boxes and supplies for packing.
- Return all rented and borrowed items - movies, books, etc.
- Sell or donate items – reducing time needed for packing and moving.
- Make any minor repairs required.
- Do walk inspection of house for any outstanding repairs.
- Drain any items with flammable materials.
- Pick up any dry cleaning and laundry.
- Pack a box with essential items for your first night at your new home.
- Clean your home as much as possible before moving helpers arrive.
- Gather keys, alarm codes and garage door openers for new owner.
- Print out your "Payment Code" to give to your Moving Helper after work is completed.