eMove, Inc. Moving Help® Web Site
Customer Privacy Practices Statement:
A. Privacy Commitments
eMove intends to protect the privacy of your personally identifiable information. The following sets forth some of our commitments to your personally identifiable information:
1. Your personal identifiable information will never be sold. Ever!
2. You will NEVER receive from eMove any unsolicited communications or advertisements from unrelated third parties. However, You will receive communications (including emails) from eMove regarding Moving Help® requests and any related services and issues.
3. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our web site. Your IP address and email address are used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
4. You can visit the Moving Help® web site to browse Moving Help® Service Providers their services and costs without first disclosing your personally identifiable information.
B. The purposes for eMoves’ collection, use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information
We need to collect, use and disclose certain of your personally identifiable information in order for us to assist and facilitate your request and transaction for Moving Help® Services with Moving Help® Service Providers (collectively “Our Services”).
1. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information:
We may collect from you at least some of the following about you: name, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, and personal payment information (such as your check, credit or debit card information).
How we collect your personally identifiable information will depend on how you use our Services (i.e. upon or through your use of our web sites or over the phone).
2. Use and disclosure of Personal Information:
In order to further provide Our Services to you, we may use your personally identifiable information with, and disclose your personally identifiable information to, related or non-related third parties including but not limited to the following:
- Moving Help® Service Provider
- eMove parents and affiliated/related companies including but not limited to U-Haul International, Inc.
- credit card/debit card issuers
- credit reporting and fraud checking agencies;
- debt collection agencies, if you fail to pay monies owed to us;
- Our attorneys and accountants
- To government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies where the disclosure is required or authorized by law
C. Moving Help® Service Provider privacy practices
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF A MOVING HELP® SERVICE PROVIDER NOR ARE WE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS THAT A MOVING HELP® SERVICE PROVIDER MAY TAKE WITH REGARD TO YOUR PRIVACY OR YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
Although we can not and do not guarantee security for, or protection of, your personally identifiable information, our intent nonetheless is to provide privacy, integrity, and authentication in regards to our Internet communication. The security measures we have taken are intended to secure and encrypt your data, so that a third party cannot capture, read or access the information while it is in transit between your computer and our system.
Specifically, we use standard-based Internet protocols to safeguard the information you provide during the purchase, payment and most information submittal processes. We use a secure server implementing the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol to interact with you when you provide personal information during the purchase and payment processes. These processes use up to 128 bit encryption.
F. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
This web site is not directed or intended for use by children for any purpose. Our intent is to comply with all applicable laws and requirements including but not limited to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
G. Changes in Our Policy
If we decide to change our privacy notice, we will post the changes here so that you will always know if there are changes to, among other things, what personally identifiable information we gather, how we might use that personally identifiable information, and to whom we will disclose that personally identifiable information.
H. Your Interaction with your Personal Information; How to contact us:
If you wish to withdraw or change your consent to our use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information, or if you wish to review and change your personally identifiable information, or if you would like to contact us with a complaint regarding our use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information, or if you would like additional information regarding the privacy practices of eMove, please contact our Privacy Officer as follows:Privacy Officer
3rd Floor, South Tower
2727 N. Central Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85004
- Effective Date:
- September 15, 2010