Knowing how to clean a fridge is a great skill to learn. Whether you are doing some spring cleaning or making sure you get your cleaning deposit back at a rental.
Cleaning your fridge is much easier than you might think. With the proper tools and preparation, you can have a sparkling fridge in no time.
- Dish Soap
- Cleaning cloth
- Clorox wipes
8 Steps on How to Clean a Fridge
- Remove all items from your fridge. This will allow you get to all nooks and crannies of your fridge. If you have a cooler, try filling it up with ice and keeping your food in there while cleaning.
- Fill up a small container or your kitchen sink with warm soapy water. Grab a small towel, cleaning cloth, or sponge to do the cleaning with.
- Dip your towel or sponge in your soapy water, wring it out, and start cleaning and scrubbing.
- Take out the drawers for a deeper clean and wash them in your sink like how you would wash your dishes. After that, let them dry and when ready to be inserted wipe any excess water off with a paper towel.
- Next, with clean water and a new or clean cloth, remove the soap and dirt from the fridge. Remember to constantly rinse the towel in clean water to make sure we aren’t leaving any soap residue in the fridge.
- Once you clean all the soap from the fridge, it is time to finish with disinfecting wipes for an extra clean. Make sure you get all surfaces cleaned.
- Put the bottom drawers back in carefully, add the food back in and close the refrigerator door.
- Don’t forget to also get the door cleaned inside and out as well.
Clean Up After Cleaning
Now that you are done and have a clean fridge make sure to always wash and disinfect the cleaning cloths, towels, sponges, or anything else you used. Once you put all of your food back into your fridge, you can repeat the same steps to clean our your freezer.
Hire Movers Who Clean Too
If you do not want to clean your fridge, you can always hire cleaning help from Moving Help®. Our Moving Help Service Providers can clean your fridge for you. Make sure you have the necessary equipment, and they can take care of it for you.
Go to MovingHelp.com, enter the address where you need cleaning help, and select “Cleaning” to see the Service Providers available in your area. Read through customer reviews and select the right Moving Help Service Provider for you. Whether you just want a clean fridge, or you are moving too, Moving Help has your back.