When you’re moving into your new home, your TV will be one of the more expensive items you’ll have to move. That’s why getting a TV moving box or TV moving boxes and other materials is important to protect your TV.
If you create a plan ahead of time for packing and moving a TV, the task on moving day won’t be as difficult. As always, you can have your Moving Help® Service Provider load and move a TV for you.
Materials Needed for Packing a TV
You’ll need some materials to make sure you properly pack your TV. Below is a list of materials that you might need for your TV.
- TV moving box
- Packing tape
- Tape dispenser
- Bubble wrap
- Moving blankets
- Plastic bags
- Microfiber cloth
- Canned air
While it’s best to get the proper materials, here are some alternatives you could get to pack your TV, especially if you don’t have TV moving boxes.
- Regular blankets
- Bed sheets
How to Pack a TV
To pack a TV, especially into a TV moving box, you’ll want to use the following steps below to ensure proper packing for your expensive TV.
- Take pictures of your cords before unplugging them
- Clean the screen
- Wipe down the TV’s backside
- If necessary, use canned air for hard-to-reach crevices and spaces
- Put components in plastic bags
- If you have three cords or less, and you don’t want to put your cords in plastic bags, an alternative is to securely tape the cords to the back of the TV
- Remove any legs, stands, or take off wall mounts
- Protect the screen using a foam sleeve
- If you don’t have a foam sleeve, as alternatives, you could use bubble wrap, moving blankets, regular blankets, sheets, or towels
- Use the foam corners
- Carefully place TV into TV moving box
- Tape moving box and seal any openings with tape
If you use a U-Haul TV moving box, you can scan a QR code with online instructions in case you need more help.
Tips on How to Move a TV
By the time you’re ready to move a TV, your TV will be in its TV moving box. Follow these tips on how to transport your TV moving box safely from your home to your moving truck.
- Always label your TV moving box fragile and have arrows pointing which direction is up
- Plan your route before moving a TV
- Figure out whether stairs will be involved when moving your TV moving box
- Don’t put a TV or TV moving box facing down on the ground or in the moving truck
- Move carefully and move especially slowly around stairs and corners
- If the TV moving box will go in your car, make sure the screen is facing outward
- Try to put your TV moving box in between two steady boxes in your moving truck so your TV moving box is less likely to shift
Moving Help Can Transport Your TV
Let’s say you have your TV packed and ready to go, but you’re uncomfortable moving it yourself. Your Moving Help Service Provider can move it for you. If you hire a Service Provider from the Moving Help Marketplace to pack, and load and unload your belongings, the Service Provider can pack your TV and then move it for you.
Pack and Move Your TV
Whether you want to have a Moving Help Service Provider move your TV for you, you’ll now have the tools to do it yourself. In case you don’t want to do it yourself, the Moving Help Marketplace has plenty of Service Providers who are experts in moving TVs and can move your TV moving box for you.