When you’re moving your gun safe, it’s just as important to protect your gun safe as it is to protect yourself, your helpers, and your home. If you don’t protect your gun safe properly, you run the risk of damaging your gun safe or something else or both when moving it out of your home and into your new home.
Safety and protection should be your highest priorities when it comes to moving a gun safe. Of course, Moving Help® has many gun safe movers on the Moving Help Marketplace who can carefully and safely move your gun safe for you.
Proper Moving Gun Safe Equipment
You’ll need the proper moving gun safe equipment to protect your gun safe. Your gun safe is an expensive item, so you want to make sure you have the right equipment to protect your gun safe before or during your move. Below is a list of items you might consider getting:
- Moving Blankets
- Stretch wrap
- Heavy-duty appliance dolly
- Heavy-duty hand truck
- Cardboard boxes
- A moving truck with a loading ramp
Gun Safe Moving Tips
You’ll want some gun safe moving tips to keep in mind when trying to figure out how to move a gun safe. Some of these tips directly protect your gun safe or protect your gun safe and other objects.
- Always have a complete plan before you start
- Remove all personal items from inside the gun safe
- Remove all shelving from the gun safe
- You may consider protecting the shelves as well
- Use moving blankets to protect your gun safe
- Use stretch wrap or tape or both to keep the moving blankets on the safe and to prevent the gun safe’s door from opening
- Use a heavy-duty appliance dolly or a heavy-duty hand truck and make sure the dolly or hand truck can support your gun safe’s weight
- Make sure you have at least three other people helping you
- Protect any narrow hallways, walls, tight corners, doors, or door openings with moving blankets or cardboard boxes
- If you have to pass by any furniture, protect the furniture with moving blankets or cardboard boxes
- Take it one step at a time to move your gun safe up or down stairs
- Secure the gun safe in the moving truck with straps
- Never use golf balls or PVC pipes to help you move a gun safe
- Always take your time and move slowly and carefully
If you feel at all uncomfortable moving your gun safe on your own whether to a different part of your home or into your new home, find help with gun safe movers on the Moving Help Marketplace.
Moving Help Gun Safe Movers
The Moving Help Marketplace has many gun safe movers who can do the job in a safe and efficient manner for you because they have the experience and proper techniques. Not only can gun safe movers on the Moving Help Marketplace move your gun safe for you, they also can take care of your other needs such as loading or unloading, packing or unpacking, piano moves, or cleaning.
You should check with your gun safe movers to see what equipment is needed for them since Moving Help movers are labor-only providers.