How to take apart and move a sectional couch might seem like a daunting task, but with some preparation and planning, you can take apart a sectional couch and move it yourself using our Moving Help® guide.
Need help moving a regular couch? Check out our how to move a couch guide.
Of course, Moving Help has local movers available to take care of the heavy lifting for you.
Before you begin taking apart and moving a sectional couch, you might want to consider gathering some items. Some items you might want to consider are:
- Tape measure
- Moving blankets
- Stretch wrap
- Bubble wrap
- Shoulder dolly moving straps
These items will either help protect your sectional couch or make it easier for you to move your sectional couch.
You’ll want to measure all hallways and doorways to make sure your sectional couches will make it through to your moving truck. Nothing will be worse than realizing on moving day it won’t fit through. Additionally, make sure you have a clear path to walk, so you can’t stumble or trip over your own belongings.
How to Take Apart a Sectional Couch?
Below are some step-by-step instructions on the basics when it comes to taking apart a sectional couch.
- Remove all cushions from your sectional couch.
- Remove any covers or fabric that can come off your sectional couch.
- If necessary, remove any legs from your sectional couch.
- Find the prong and the connector on your sectional couch. Then lift the prong up to release it from the connector.
- If necessary, wrap the connectors or prongs in bubble wrap.
- Wrap all sectional couch pieces in moving blankets.
- Then use the stretch wrap around all the moving blankets.
How to Move a Sectional Couch?
You’ll want to take your time when moving a sectional couch. One way to make it easier to move your sectional couch is to use shoulder dolly moving straps. Below are some tips to keep in mind when moving sectional couches.
- Make sure to measure once more your hallways and doorways to make sure the sectional couch will fit through
- Use shoulder dolly moving straps
- One proper way to carry it is to have the front arms facing down toward the floor and the backside of the couch facing up toward the ceiling
Pack Your Belongings if You’re Planning to Move
Do you need help moving your or your friend’s belongings? You can check out some of our guides below on how to pack and move certain household items.
- How to move a TV
- How to move a washer and dryer
- How to move a mattress
- How to move a gun safe
- How to move an upright piano
- How to move a grand piano
- How to move firearms
- How to move with plants
Of course, we recommend using Moving Help for packing services, loading and unloading services, and other services because it’ll be faster, safer, and less expensive.
Let Moving Help Do the Heavy Lifting
Of course, why should you do all the heavy lifting when you can hire a professional mover on the Moving Help Marketplace? Moving Help has many movers who are experts in moving sectional couches.
Not only can a mover from the Moving Help Marketplace move your sectional couch faster than you, but they also can move your other belongings as well.